Saturday, 4 October 2014

Glory Days - Grad Trip 2014

  I am old.
  I am exhausted.
  This is difficult to say but I think I may have participated in too many sports/activities in the past 48 hours.   The real problem is that I have to work 10 times harder when playing basketball and hockey to keep up with 17 and 18 year olds.  I wasn’t just reminded of my age because of my broken body, I also quoted from Bruce Springsteen’s song “Glory Day’s” during my presentation to the grad class about reminiscing about the past and planning for the future.  No one in the class had ever heard of “The Boss” (Bruce Springsteen’s nickname for those readers younger than 25).  

  Spending time with the Unity grad class of 2014 at Rockridge canyon was a rewarding experience.   The class has a tremendous energy; they are quick witted, heart felt and honest.   They are willing to engage in deep conversations about life and ethics and their collective heart is broken for the things that break the heart of Jesus.  The class has a diverse set of interests; there are aspiring worship leaders, construction workers, teachers, computer technicians, clinical psychologists, nurses, electricians, farmers, and missionaries.  Whatever vocation we find ourselves in, we are all called to be ambassadors of Christ and to be active builders of His kingdom on earth.  As our graduates plan and prepare for life after high school, and take steps of faith trusting in God’s leading and faithfulness, let us surround them with  prayer, encouragement and support. 
  Now to pop a few aspirins and bathe myself in A535 and hopefully my calves, quads, and lower back will stop hurting every time I move. 


Blessings